Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Art for thought...

A few tidbits for the day:
  • We open Joss Richer's exhibition this Friday, April 23rd at 7pm. Be there or be square! I reallly like his art. Traditionally a 'drawer' myself, I also appreciate the written word (although you wouldn't guess it using words like 'drawer', lol) and what journaling has to offer, and I love how he combines these art forms in his work. His metalwork is incredibly fascinating. The process intrigues me, the way it appears to be a heavy, solid metal and is in actuality quite fragile intrigues me, and the final appearance intrigues me. A very multifaceted show. (He has a piece titled Boulder that I'm particularily fond of. His work meshes geographical landscapes with human form, can you guess my penchant for this piece?)
  • Another biggie in ALMAG conversation right now, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner is happening Saturday, May 1st. Tickets are ready for purchase and pickup at the gallery now! I'm excited and so curious, I wonder where I'll be dining?
  • It's bittersweet that WhiteFeather and Carol have packed up and their exhibition has gone home, although new art, a fresh exhibition, is exciting, we enjoyed having them at the ALMAG. New friends are good too though! You can follow WhiteFeather on Facebook, she constantly has fascinating local art tidbits to share! 
  • A random piece that caught my blogging eye today, what do you think of this installation piece, Rita's Wooden Living Room? Look at the use of pattern. No shading, just solid colors to bring that box room to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment