Friday, March 26, 2010

Today...

  • I battle the chill in the air to get to work. You know when the calendar says Spring, so you just can't face your winter jacket anymore, even though you think your fingers may fall off from cold? That was me this morning.
  • I open up the gallery, turn on the lights, and say hello to the ladies, my new friends here. Their names are Alma, Murmet (and his friend Mumble), Cha-chi, Hodmedod, Moggy, tattie Bogle, Moppet, Effigia, Jack-o, and Bambin. I call them the ladies, but some of them are indeed men, Cha-chi to be sure. They're a quiet bunch, but they have so much to say!
  • Messages hold two more registrants for our workshops with Carol and WhiteFeather this weekend!
  • First up on the agenda, well actually that's coffee. Second thing on the agenda? Find a new artist to exhibit next month. Yep, ixnay on the rothelBay, my artist has backed out on us. Thankfully I was just realizing the other day that I've been fairly innodated with requests to exhibit, so I'm quite confident I can find a great artist in a pinch. Speaks to the richness of our local art scene I think. I'll keep you updated!
  • Then on to the lovely world of finance. Time to sit down and punch in the numbers. Every art-type's favorite job I'm sure.
'Til next time, friends of the gallery!

2 comments:

  1. Victoria - I have an artist who may be able to show - it's paintings by Marie Fox, whom I've just curated a show by.
    I don't know if she could fill the whole space, but she could show with someone else, maybe?
    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks WhiteFeather, I was hoping to pick your brain on this a bit. I will chat with you on it in the am at your workshop, which is nearly full by the way!

    ReplyDelete